how to improve the efficiency [Re: Round-up, 2004-11-28]

Dan Hollis spamtrap433941935136 at anime.net
Sat Dec 4 07:58:11 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 12:40:04PM -0800, Dan Hollis wrote:
> > I may get shit for this, but I like mantis far better than bugzilla. And
> > i've used both extensively (along with others).
> > http://www.mantisbt.org/
> Hmmm. I looked at it a bit, and it doesn't seem to really have the
> flexibility and power that bugzilla does. (No fulltext searching, support
> for multiple projects (say, for example, more than one src.rpm!) is
> immature, etc.)

Say what? It most certainly _does_ do fulltext searching, and support for
multiple projects is quite mature. There is also a quite nice bug
interdependency system which is very easy to use and quite flexible.

Don't know what power you think is missing. I use both extensively and I
havent found anything bugzilla can do that mantis can't.

> Perhaps most importantly, the main Fedora project is based around bugzilla,
> and I think it makes sense to keep Legacy the same. However, it would be
> cool if the FL bugzilla were as nicely configured as the RH one (especially
> their new beta layout -- <https://bugzilla.redhat.com/beta/index.cgi>).

That's a pity, because bugzilla is so cumbersome and obtuse.

-Dan