Separating the roles of the QA process

Marc Deslauriers marcdeslauriers at videotron.ca
Fri Dec 17 13:08:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 08:43 +0200, Pekka Savola wrote:
> Fine by me.  IMHO, however, it is very useful to run
> rpm-build-compare.sh on the _binary_ RPMS, to see if there have been
> any changes (e.g., some library or file went missing by accident,
> etc.).  These kind of changes are impossible to test on your own.

We had a lot of build problems in mach with missing BuildRequires in Red
Hat's packages so we have to use rpm-build-compare.sh on the resulting
binary packages that are produced in order to find out if anything is
missing. This gets done before packages are put in updates-testing to
make sure mach didn't break anything.

Marc.