PHP vulnerabilities?

Matt Nuzum matt.followers at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 19:58:55 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 09:41:16 -0700, Michal Jaegermann
<michal at harddata.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 09:43:18AM -0500, Matt Nuzum wrote:
> > >
> > It takes 100's and 100's of
> > hours to certify an application such as mine on a new platform - those
> > 100's and 100's of hours equate into a lot of money.
>
> This means that you have a serious incentive if you care about that
> fix.

I do care, unfortunately I am not qualified to do more than test, and
I will when fixes become available.

Understand, I'm not trying to start a battle, I was merely putting my
$0.02 into a thread that was starting to split between "lets try to
fix it" and "just upgrade to newer PHP." My point is that upgrading to
a newer PHP is not a satisfactory solution to me and likely others,
because if it were that easy I/we would have already upgraded.

> > Honestly, if I wanted newer versions of the software, I would upgrade.
> > I need to use FL because I can't afford the instability of FC
>
> This "instability of FC" is in my experience more legend than a
> fact.  True, FC1 had various issues and so did RH8 and from what
> I have seen much more severe.

I am not trying to say that FC is "buggy," stable to me in this
context means supported and consistent. FC upgrades its software to
newer versions w/out any warning and introduces new features. If doing
a `yum update` breaks a program then in this context it is unstable;
FC is all about up-to-date, not about legacy support.

--
Matthew Nuzum <matt at followers.net>
www.followers.net - Makers of "Elite Content Management System"