A request: update to current OpenSSH

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Feb 5 20:25:06 UTC 2004

On Thursday 05 February 2004 10:27, Steve Snyder wrote:
> I would like to make a request: please provides updates to the
> OpenSSH packages.
>
> The current version of OpenSSH for RH v7.3 is 3.1p1-14 while the
> current version of OpenSSH itself is 3.7.1p2-1.
>
> Given how critical OpenSSH is for system security, can we please get
> a packaging of the contemporary version of this software?
>
> (Yes, I am aware that I can build my own RPMs.  I'd prefer, though,
> to stay in sync with the Legacy packaging.)

We don't upgrade packages just to upgrade them.  Newer != better.  As
flaws are found in the OpenSSH that is in use right now, we'll patch
the packages.

If you'd like to build new packages, feel free to point folks to your
packages, but they will not be Legacy supported.

Mondo DevTeam           (www.mondorescue.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: