Suggestion for a new Download page

Jonas Pasche mail at jonaspasche.de
Thu Feb 5 21:54:28 UTC 2004

Hi Eric,

> I really do get some good ideas out of these discussions, believe it
> or not.  So thanks.  But it would be even better if people wrote these
> docs they'd like to see and submitted them.

Sometimes it's only a matter of discussion. If I have a small
suggestion, I only post a paragraph or two directly to the list. If
there's more to do, I generate pages on jonaspasche.de/fedoralegacy as
suggestions.

However, in most cases I first want do discuss e.g. the structure and
the content that people need, and then (re)write a proposal for it, just
because it is time-consuming to completely rewrite a whole page two or
more times. I want to get an idea of what people want, then creating a
suggestion, and then hopefully only rework details.

Actually, for the Download and Documentation pages, I don't see that
there's really much still to do, which in turn brings me to the
suggestion that we should shorten things regarding this topics because
what we already have is "quite good enough for now", and we have more
important things to do than discussings things until we reach a point
where any list members not interested in documentation hate us. :)

Jonas