Regarding QA

Jason rohwedde at codegrinder.com
Fri Feb 6 22:37:35 UTC 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 03:41:31PM -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Todd <Freedom_Lover at pobox.com>:
>
> >For example, say you're going to QA apt (cause everyone wants to),
>
> I'd love to (now that I have gpg keys and all).

sweet.

> >you'd find it in bugzilla and look at the entries there.  You see that
> >in Jason's latest comment there he's linked these two files:
> >
> >   https://mail.codegrinder.com/www/apt4/md5sum.asc
> >
> >https://mail.codegrinder.com/www/apt4/apt-0.5.15cnc5-0.fdr.7.rh73.legacy.src.rpm
> >
> >Download them both.  Then run rpm --checksig -v (or just -Kv if you're
> >lazy like me) on the rpm file.  Assuming you already have Jason's key
> >(and you probably don't yet, but we'll get to that later), you should
> >get output like this:
>
> Uhm, but that is a rh73 file, no?  What if I want to test it on rh72 or
> rh8?  Is no one working on these?  Do I need to create them myself?
> I find the thread in bugzilla hard to follow myself...
>
> I'm not against making apt rh8 rpms, I just not sure if that is what
> I should be doing or not, etc.

That src.rpm should build work with rh72,73,80 (and probably 9 whenever
we take that over too)  Though, if you're building on 8.0, please note
what rpm you're building against, since there seems to be some disparity
about that lately.  I personally support Warren's proposal that if you
want to use the legacy tools, you update rpm.

-jason