mach on RH 8.0

John Dalbec jpdalbec at ysu.edu
Thu Feb 26 19:31:44 UTC 2004

> Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:40 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
> From: andy.henson.fedora at zexia.co.uk (Andy Henson)
> Subject: Re: mach on RH 8.0
> To: fedora-legacy-list at redhat.com
> CC: andy.henson.fedora at zexia.co.uk
>
> Is it a general mach install problem or just a rh72 one?
> What does "mach setup base" (without the -r) say?  Does that work ok?

Works fine.

> If it fails to work without the -r, make sure it's installed correctly and
> you are su to "mach" before running it.  Also make sure you got the rh8 apt
> and mach packages... mach will get the rh72 bits you need.

I built mach 0.4.3 from source (rpmbuild -ta) since I didn't see an RH 8.0 RPM
for it.  Is that the problem?

I downgraded to the mach 0.4.2 RHL 8.0 binary package, but that didn't help.  I
still have no problems with "mach setup base" but "mach -r rh72 setup base" fails.

I got Thomas' key from pgp.mit.edu with gpg --recv-keys 55f3aa6f.  I ran gpg
--list-keys and it showed the fingerprint as 55F3AA6F.  I exported it from GPG
and tried to import it to RPM.  It showed up as gpg-pubkey-54a2acf1-3e3098f3.  I
had previously installed RPM and rpm-python from freshrpms.net, and rpm-build
and rpm-devel from legacy-utils.  I downloaded the legacy-utils rpm and
rpm-python packages and "rpm -Uvh --replacefiles --replacepkgs"d them.  This
didn't fix the problem.  Do I have to delete the RPM DB files?

I noticed I had LANG set to en_US.UTF8.  Man pages were displaying incorrectly
with that setting.  I changed it to en_US and the man pages showed up correctly
again.  Does that affect rpm's key import?

Thanks,
John