mach on RH 8.0

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Feb 27 20:37:52 UTC 2004

John Dalbec wrote :

> Back to my problem:
> I tried mach -r rh72u setup base and that failed.
> I tried mach -r rh72ufr setup base and that failed.
> I tried mach -r rh73 setup base and that worked.

I'm not completely surprised. Releases older than 7.3 aren't really used by
packagers anymore, me included. If you find fixes or workarounds to get them
going, then I'm sure Thomas would love to get updates for the dist file.

Unfortunately, problems that pop up when using mach are often packaging
issues, like missing PreRequires and similar. Not really easy to get fixes
back into RHL 7.x packages... :-(

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.6.3-1.91
Load : 0.76 0.87 0.79