Unneeded assertions (supposed to have been: RPM upgrade discussion)

Christian Pearce pearcec at commnav.com
Fri Jan 2 16:06:43 UTC 2004

Warren Togami said:
> Given the complete lack of initiative and direction by anyone else here,
> I stepped in and offered a structured and proven solution based upon the
> highly successful fedora.us development model.  I even proposed this
> plan to those who said they wanted to be Legacy leaders during early
> December, but I got ZERO replies (other than Michael).
>
> If the majority here dislikes what I am doing, then say so.  Then
> subsequently be prepared to step in and keep the ball rolling with your
> own solutions.
>
> Heck, even if you agree with the direction that I am pushing, I
> realistically cannot remain pushing initiatives here.  My time is very
> short after January 5th.
>
> Unless others show more initatiative this project will die.  I
> personally do not even USE the distributions that Legacy would support,
> but I worked hard on this because I wanted to give the community at
> least the chance.
>
> Given the lack of prior discussion, I wondered if they were even here to
> begin with.  It is my hope that this proposed framework will at least
> give them the chance to make it succeed.
>
> Please feel free to discuss and improve the proposed framework.
>
> Warren

I am working on it.  I appreciate all you have done so far.  It seems to be there are very few interested developers so far.  So I am going to read up on the Submission proccess.  And get more involved.

It seems to me at this point we have a pretty good framework of a policy and procedures defined.

Not having read the submission process, I recall from memory we have package owners and QA people.  What is a method for staying informed of fixes?  Ad Hoc?  We should also have a specific team of people to vote security fixes in or out.  I don't want to see it a mailing list vote of all those involved.  Considering this is going to be time crucial.

Warren,

You mentioned you are at Red Hat 9 and FC1 that you have not interest in RHL 7.x-8.0.  Do you intend to use FedoraLegacy for Red Hat 9 and FC1 and FC2 and beyond?  If so I would imagine you would take more interest in the future use of this project.  Not that you haven't.  You have done a lot and we appreciate it.  I was just curious.

Okay back to reading.
--
Christian Pearce
http://www.commnav.com