mpg321 decision needed

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jan 9 10:43:22 UTC 2004

Warren Togami wrote :

> I personally feel that removing mpg321 or crippling its functionality in
> Legacy is not much of a loss, since the majority of Legacy users are
> servers.  Maybe some businesses use Legacy for workstations, but think
> of a broken MP3 decoder as productivity gain? =)

I'm actually _using_ mpg321 in production on some RH7.3 servers, as it is
required to play sound files for some of our IVR developments based on
asterisk. So crippling an update _would_ bother me.

I think the package should be updated, or just left as-is if the
vulnerability is minor, but not "crippled" in any way.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Load : 0.02 0.09 0.35