updates-testing --> updates policy discussion

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Sat Jan 10 18:19:31 UTC 2004

On Saturday 10 January 2004 01:46, Warren Togami wrote:
> "Trust" is something that you earn through dedication and hard work.
> Trust is not something that can be given cold, quantized numbers.
>
> http://www.fedora.us/LEGACY
>
> These are the folks that gain trust.  Those who spend hours doing
> boring work of porting patches, building and testing packages for a
> lazy userbase waiting for a free lunch - someone else to do the work
> for them.
>
> Hard work and dedication is what built the "trusted" group in the
> original fedora.us project, and I would suggest doing the same here.
>
> Follow the process, and review the patches.  That is the only way we
> can get these packages published.

Ok, I can follow that, but if you already had an idea for trust, I'm not
sure what we're supposed to discuss.

I'd like to see a leadership board of Fedora Legacy.  I have a few folks
in mind already, some people besides just you and I to make these
decisions like who is trusted or things like that.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: