Website documentation and LEGACY package queue

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Wed Jan 14 12:11:49 UTC 2004

I am currently well beyond the burn out point, so you cannot count me to
continue to push Legacy forward.  I will only continue mainly in an
advisory position, replicating the build server and signing
infrastructure to Jesse Keatings and PogoLinux sponsored server to be
hosted at QuantumLinux.  Other than that, I will try to post mainly
about the large needs of the project and ways in which you can help,
until it is no longer needed.

http://www.fedoralegacy.org/

Think about what a user seeking help from the EOL disaster would think
when they see the page.  For one, the Legacy Launch Plan (draft 2) is
very old by this point.  Another thing is the complete lack of mention
of the existing published yum for RH7.x.  Overall some parts like the
launch plan need to be rewritten & replaced entirely, perhaps with a
project overview type thing.

The rest of the site needs a lot more explanation about how things work,
and what the user needs to do, but unfortunately that cannot come
without the packages being worked on, QA'ed and published.

http://www.fedora.us/LEGACY

Do your best to work within the existing fedora.us policies, and discuss
here about ways to further modify those rules for legacy.  I will update
  the fedora.us documentation to match the saner ideas in the
discussion.  I will help by building whatever is approved, and sometimes
approving packages myself.  I personally have the capability to QA and
test packages on RH8 only, but due to limited time I will only do a
select few.  (Like CVS is probably the most serious right now.)

Bye for now...

Warren