Self-Introduction: Jonas Pasche

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 16 17:16:44 UTC 2004

Quoting Christian Pearce <pearcec at commnav.com>:

> Welcome Jonas we are in need of documentation.

Yes!

> I have been trying to write
> down faq's.

Here is my list of FAQ's, but without good answers.  If anyone can supply
answers, I'll get them on the web site asap.

* What is the errata policy for The Fedora Legacy Project?
* What version of RHL/FC are supported?
* What architectures are supported?
* How do I update packages?
* How do I get notifications about new updates when they become available?
* Where can I get more info on apt/yum?

> And review the site.  I am not certain who you need to
> coordinate with to get setup for updating the site.  Talke with Jesse, and
> Eric Rostetter.

Jesse if you want direct access to the web site CVS.  Otherwise you can send
submissions to me directly and I'll put them in CVS.

The site was just updated this morning, so check it out again if you haven't.

> We need to get some guidelines (read docs) together for Publishing a package.

Yes!

>  Everyone seems to take the same approach.  Just do it, then we spend time in
> the channel being told to do XYZ with gpg and bugzilla.  Start with taking
> what Fedora has for publishing guidelines.  I don't know if it will be hard
> for you to do this if you never tried to publish a package.  If you start
> with something we can refine it as we go.  This goes for the QA docs too.

If no one else does, I'll try to "steal" the fedora pages and add them to
our web site.  We can refine from there.  I should be able to get to this
later today if no one else does.

> The other thing we need is QA process well documented.  This seems to be the
> other thing people get wrong off the bat.  QA is more about verifying that
> people aren't putting in trojans.  I believe testing is more of a process
> after the package is published into RPMS.testing.  This way testers don't get
> screwed.  While we still don't have a clear policy for verifiying something
> is secure, I believe we have adopted some of what Fedora has done in the
> past.  If you can start there and extrapolate what we have started to talk
> about on the list in the past two weeks on the topic.

Interesting.  Best summary of this I've seen yet.

Anyone interested in posting the IRC logs on the web?  Might be interesting
for those of us who don't IRC to be able to browse the logs...

--
Eric Rostetter