Self-Introduction: Jonas Pasche

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 16 22:13:48 UTC 2004

Quoting Kelson Vibber <kelson at speed.net>:

> How about something like this:
>
> Fedora Legacy will provide updates for Fedora Core releases two versions
> back from the current release.  When Fedora Core 3 is available, we will
> provide updates for Fedora Core 1 and 2.  When Fedora Core 4 is released,
> we will provide updates for Fedora Core 2 and 3.  The actual hand-off will
> occur when the main Fedora Project drops support for each old
> release.  Based on the current schedule for Fedora Core, this should give
> each release about 1.5 years of update support.

Nice.  I cut it down even further with you help:

        Fedora Core releases will follow the so-called "1-2-3 and out"
        policy in co-operation with Red Hat/Fedora Core.  This means that
        when the Red Hat/Fedora Core group no longer supports
        a Fedora Core release, Fedora Legacy will pick it up and maintain it
        for two additional Fedora Core release cycles.  Based on the current
        schedule for Fedora Core releases, this should provide each release
        with approximately 1.5 years of total update support.

        In short, Fedora Legacy will provide updates for any Fedora Core
        releases up to two versions back from the current release.

How's that work?

> Kelson Vibber
> SpeedGate Communications <www.speed.net>
>

> --