[Fwd: [WBEL-devel] Rebuilt Progeny RPMs for RHL 7.2/7.3/8.0]

Ray Ferguson fedora-legacy at share-foo.com
Sat Jan 17 01:24:46 UTC 2004

On Friday 16 January 2004 2:51 pm, John Dalbec wrote:
>  http://www.redhat.com/solutions/industries/education/indiv/
>
>  $25/year ($50/year for servers) is not affordable, but $60/year is?
>  John

To the best of my knowledge this did not exist when WBEL was born and
apparently it still doesn't help the library that originally sponsored WBEL.
Anyway, I'm glad to see that they are doing the right with qualified
educational institutions.  This still doesn't help me do dev work at home.
If I didn't have access to WBEL, I'd have two choices, develop on another
platform, or steal.  Of course I'd just develop on another platform.
Probable Suse since it's IBM and Novell backed and I could eventually deploy
it in production.  Instead, I develop on WBEL at home and it ports strait to
production RHEL with no fuss.  In this case RedHat is better off for the
existence of WBEL since it is responsible for keeping the proverbial camel's
nose out the tent.

-ray.