Legacy mirror structure

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Mon Jan 19 11:40:49 UTC 2004

> My proposal is to run a master mirror server for FL.  An ISP has offered
> rackspace and bandwidth for such a beast.  The layout I envision is
> this:
>
> download.fedoralegacy.org/legacy/$releasever/SRPMS/
> download.fedoralegacy.org/legacy/$releasever/SRPMS//base
> download.fedoralegacy.org/legacy/$releasever/SRPMS/updates
> download.fedoralegacy.org/legacy/$releasever/SRPMS/updates-testing
> download.fedoralegacy.org/legacy/$releasever/SRPMS/legacy-addons
> download.fedoralegacy.org/legacy/$releasever/$basearch/base
> download.fedoralegacy.org/legacy/$releasever/$basearch/updates
> download.fedoralegacy.org/legacy/$releasever/SRPMS/updates-testing
> download.fedoralegacy.org/legacy/$releasever/$basearch/legacy-addons

I'd be interested to see us include lingual and architecture support in
those paths. Recall that the redhat storage paths are:

$releasever/en/os/$arch

I think they make a great deal of sense, and will prevent us from having
to play "two-path-monte" or create ugly symbolic link farms if we need to
make changes later.

> Thoughts?

Thoughts?

-Chuck

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR