Future of fedora.us and fedoralegacy.org (was Re: Legacy mirror structure)

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Jan 19 20:05:11 UTC 2004

On Monday 19 January 2004 10:00, Warren Togami wrote:
> You want to have convenience for yourself at the expense of several
> GB's for the many mirrors that don't exclude or hardlink?  I would
> highly advocate for "smart by default".

depends on your definition of "smart".  Me, I think smart is a self
hosting repository, that I can get all the needed packages from.  Why
should I limit my system so that mirror folks can be lazy about how
they sync to us?  Granted we should make it very clear in the mirror
documentation how to avoid the SRPMS if they aren't wanted.

> I meant to say that Legacy should only help to keep an eye for
> security holes and just alert us.  Watching the lists is the hardest
> part. Legacy people already watch the list as part of their job, so
> they can really help us in this regard.

Oh, thats totally agreeable.

> Adding products/components to the bugzilla is no problem.  Just wait
> until a day where it is 8AM and I had had a night of sleep...

LOL!

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: