When to bump the build?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Jan 21 22:15:00 UTC 2004

A recent problem found in the 8.0 build of tcpdump shows that
autoconf213 is needed to complete the build correctly.  Because of
this, we need to modify the current candidate for publish in bugzilla.
Since we will be modifying it, should we bump the build ID up one more
on the package?  I think yes, as it shows clearly a newer package
within the ticket.  I'm pretty sure that RH goes through a few bumps
internally, as there can be a jump in the number from update to update.

Thoughts?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: