FW: [RHSA-2004:040-01] Updated slocate packages fix vulnerability

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Jan 22 20:24:36 UTC 2004

On Thursday 22 January 2004 12:22, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> What would you suggest? (The security patch is for slocate 2.6)
>
> rh72: slocate-2.6-1
> rh73: slocate-2.6-1
> rh80: slocate-2.6-4
>
> Upgrade rh72/rh73 to rh80's version plus the patch?
> Or upgrade rh72/rh73/rh80 to rh9's erratum which is slocate 2.7?

It had been advised tome that there are multiple bugfixes that went into
2.7, that we should consider if we were going to maintain 2.6.  I
suggest that since this is a low priority security flaw, we take the
time to examine slocate and see if anything will break if we upgrade it
to 2.7.  If nothing breaks, I recommend that we upgrade and unify it
across our platforms.

Thoughts?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: