yum and rpm updates for 8.0

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Jan 26 19:28:46 UTC 2004

On Monday 26 January 2004 11:23, Todd wrote:
> Is that in the general fedora.us bugzilla?  I didn't see anything
> about it at https://bugzilla.fedora.us/buglist.cgi?keywords=LEGACY
> and a quick query of the full buglist didn't spit out anything
> obvious about rpm-4.1.1.

I'm not sure exactly where it's at.  This issue probably needs to be
re-addressed, or just pointed over at rpm.org for information. Legacy
doesn't directly support it, and won't build our packages against it to
maintain as close to RH as possible.

> > I'm still not willing to make that an update, more of just a util.
>
> Isn't rpm>= 4.1.1 required for yum 2?  Or is legacy going to use yum
> 1.0.3 like 7x does?  The fedora.us packages are of yum-2.0.3, so I
> just assumed that was what you'd be rebuilding.

We'll be using yum1, which works against a stock RHL8.

> Yeah, I've seen those.  I was looking to do a clean 8.0 install and
> only use legacy packages to test with.  I'll wait to see when yum
> gets built and posted and check it out then.

k, should be tonight.

Mondo DevTeam           (www.mondorescue.org)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: