8.0 packages to QA

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Sun Jun 6 19:24:00 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 06:04, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Johnny Strom wrote:
>
> > So to fix this I porpose that we setup a "what needs to be done
> > list" that is sent out every second week or so, any thoughts on
> > that?
>
> It would be *so* nice to have something like that or, if it already
> exists, a bugzilla URL that will accomplish the same thing. If the
> latter, I'd happy write up a bash/wget script that people can use in
> their own cron jobs.
>
> Part of the problem -- and this is merely a description, not a gripe,
> and it's certainly not directed at Jesse, who's put in way more work
> than anyone should expect -- is that it's difficult to find the time
> to figure out what needs doing. I'd happily Q/A more packages, but
> doing so requires (afaict) lots of bugzilla spelunking, and I'm still
> never sure if I've got it all.
>
> I realize that it requires lots of labor hours to make nifty
> interfaces and current web pages -- but that's my view from the cheap
> seats.

I understand this fact as well. I for one, am always one who's been sitting
on the sidelines while you gentlemens do the dirty work. (I am throughly
ashamed) :(

But as you state above, the problem quote   "is that it's difficult to find the time
to figure out what needs doing"

I really need to get a clue. And Once I _do_ get a clue, I'm gonna make
sure I "Dot my i's and cross my t's" so to speak.

:-)