Redhat 8 to 9

Randall J. Parr RParr at TemporalArts.COM
Wed Jun 9 16:23:26 UTC 2004

Eric Rostetter wrote:

> If you are going to do that, you might as well just update the OS to RH 9
> via yum/apt.
>

> But if you want the newer packages, I'd just upgrade the OS.  I did a
> RH 8.0
> to RH 9 upgrade via apt-get the other day.  Was painless, and only
> downtime
> was the reboot to load the new kernel in.

Are there instructions are a how-to for upgrading from RH 8.0 to RH 9.0
using yum and/or apt-get?

Any pointers and/or references would be greatly appreciated.

I have been very leary of taking this course but would love to upgrade
my systems this way.

Thanks

R.Parr, RHCE
Temporal Arts