does fedoralegacy depend on fedora.us?

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Mon Jun 7 19:41:34 UTC 2004

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Monday 07 June 2004 11:26, Joe Pruett wrote:
>
>>since there still isn't an official apt or yum for fedora legacy on
>>rh9 boxes, we are instructed to use the fedora.us version.  further,
>>we are only instructed to add the fedoralegacy.org url to the
>>sources.list file and not to comment out the fedora.us urls (or the
>>macromedia ones in sources.list.d).  is this an oversight in the docs
>>(like not telling us to install the fedora legacy key)?  or are you
>>relying on the other rpms that fedora.us would install (10 packages
>>that i see via apt-get -s upgrade)? i have assumed this is an
>>oversight and not installed the fedora.us rpms, but clarification
>>would be good, as well as updating the docs.
>

> Oversight.  We absolutely do NOT depend on Fedora.us.  A 9 version of
> yum is in QA mode, apt needs some love.

Why not just use the apt from freshrpms?

http://ayo.freshrpms.net/redhat/9/i386/SRPMS.freshrpms/apt-0.5.5cnc6-fr1.src.rpm

I guess you would want to tweak the sources.list to point to
fedoralegacy, but otherwise I can't see any point in not reusing it.
Actually, I would pull yum from there for RH9 as well.

http://ayo.freshrpms.net/redhat/9/i386/SRPMS.freshrpms/yum-2.0.4-1.rh.fr.src.rpm

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com