Kernel package status

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Tue Jun 22 16:40:09 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 04:51:33PM +0100, Ron Yorston wrote:
> I've been having a look at the 34.7.legacy kernel.  Can someone explain
> why the e1000 patch differs from that in Fedora Core 1's 2.4.22-1.2194
> kernel?

I'm not sure. I sourced the patch from bitkeeper, and it matches that in
the redhat bugzilla (although they didn't use it in the end, rather
upgrading the driver itself). Unfortunately I'm not able to test it on a
box with an e1000.

My untrained eye can't spot the reason for the change in the source
files between 2.4.20 and recent 2.4 (where recent is just before the
new version that went into bitkeeper shortly after that patch). Am I
missing a particular change in FC or Redhat that causes this descrepancy?

Well spotted, though :)

Cheers,

Dominic.