Kernel package status

Jon Peatfield J.S.Peatfield at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jun 23 02:25:25 UTC 2004

I've only ot one e1000 which doesn't work with the e100 driver present in
the RedHat-9 (and FL) kernels.  For that one updating to the very latest
version from Intel works fine for me (5.2.52 which was latest when I needed
a newer version at least)...

Of course I just upgraded the kernel on this box (to one based on the FL
kernel srpm), and forgot it needed an extra e1000 driver so it didn't come
back...

Pity it was where my rpm repository was living... :-(  As a result 40+
machines failed to update their kernels automatically tonight (I did them
by hand since I came in to fix the dead server).  So far 89 have been rebooted
and are back running.  The rest are scheduled to reboot at ~5am so with
luck I'll have ~200 systems running kernels which are almost identical to
2.4.20-34.7.legacy (with the NFS server patch added)...

I'm fairly happy with it (but maybe next time I'll update the e1000 driver
too!)

 -- Jon