Date/time stamps on files to help with hardlinking

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Mar 5 00:34:56 UTC 2004

On Thursday 04 March 2004 16:08, Charles R. Anderson wrote:
> I was under the impression that identical 7.2 and 7.3 src.rpm's were
> being built into separate binary rpm's to put in each directory.  I
> don't see why this would be necessary, though.  Red Hat has released
> identical errata for 7.2 and 7.3--the MD5SUMS were identical.

The majority of the updates are not duplicates.  There has been very
very few Legacy updates that are duplicates.  When they are infact
duplicate (usually happens when they were duplicate before Legacy got
there) they will be made the same file.  The majority of the
hardlinking was done on Red Hat updates, not Legacy updates.  Only the
kernel and a couple other updates were hardlinked.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: