Need a working 7.3 yum repository

Christian Call CCall at madentech.com
Fri Nov 19 15:08:06 UTC 2004

I documented the fedoralecacy failure in a Bugzilla report (#2236) I wrote on  Wednesday.

Unfortunately, Bugzilla has been down.  But the problem description is below.

I don't see how the signature problem could be from failure to install the GPG keys.
I installed the keys as instructed on the fedoralegacy web page you refer to.
This error occurred after I had already downloaded *lots* of packages from Duke,
without any signature-failure errors.
Did I miss some keys?  Are there different keys used by some of the Duke stuff
that I need to install?

Thanks for your reply, and for any further help you can offer.

-- Chris

=== Begin
 After a fresh installation of Red Hat Linux 7.3 on an Intel P4 platform, I
installed yum from download.fedoralegacy.org and tried to do a "yum update".  I
received the messages:

.... identical dependency loop exceeded.
package mozilla-psm needs mozilla-nss = 1.0.2-2.7.3 (not provided)
package mozilla-psm needs mozilla-nss = 1.0.2-2.7.3 (not provided)

I have been doing a fair number of Red Hat 7.3 installations over the past
several weeks, and the yum updates used to work.  As I recall, they stopped
working (and started displaying the above problem) somewhere around November 5.

Here is what uname -v -r reports for my system:

2.4.18-3smp #1 SMP Thu Apr 18 (etc.)

I would appreciate any help with this problem.
=== End