Yum and RPM's hang after install of Apache and cups on FC 1

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu
Tue Oct 5 15:57:54 UTC 2004

> Am Di, den 05.10.2004 schrieb Cool Alexander Dalloz  um 17:55:

> You will first have to stop the running rpm jobs. Seems that the nightly
> cronjob running and creating a list of installed packages is still
> sitting there. Kill the processes. Then run rpm by hand to see whether
> there is a basic problem with rpm. I.e. run "rpm -q httpd". If that
> succeeds then try again your "yum update".
>
> Alexander

Well, this is interesting. I noticed new httpd and cups packages out there
today. So, I just downloaded them to a temporary directory and made sure
file permissions were correct. But, when I type "rpm -Fvh *.rpm" now,
I get:

Preparing...

And then it hangs.

E-mail: sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu                                  ***