Let's get moving

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Thu Sep 2 10:46:02 UTC 2004

Hi,

> On Tue, 2004-08-31 at 21:21, David Botsch wrote:
> > Not much activity as of late (is the project dead? Seems that way).
>
> I think that lack of participation is about to kill the fedora legacy
> project. People like myself who are not coders and were just using Linux
> on RH update strength were not daring enough to migrate to FC1/2 and
> most of those who were cometent in this field seem to have migrated
> to FC and other options.
>
> Its time to move on...I think...I am currently downloading whiteboax
> linux, a RH ES compatible compilation...for testing...FC six month
> upgrade is too fast for me.
>
> Ciao.
> Sanjay.

I definately like the spirit of FL and its purpose, but must say that after
running several older versions of RH, I upgraded them all and don't use
anything older than FC1 now.

The upgrade wasn't that much of a drama, actually with the additional
benefits of the software updates, it was worth the time and effort to make
the leap to the newer OSes.

FC is a very quick release cycle even for my tastes, but the way I'm doing
it now is FC1 to FC3 to FC5 etc, which slows down the cycle for me. I
currently run two FC2 machines but still find FC1 more stable for many of my
apps and servers.

As with anything in the tech field, it's hard to know where we're going to
be at over the next couple of years and where this will all take us, but as
with any community projects, the people must be there to contribute for it
to stay alive and prosper.

Michael.