Let's get moving

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Tue Sep 7 21:55:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 02:26:09PM -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Quoting Dominic Hargreaves <dom at earth.li>:
>
> > It also needs a working infrastructure. Since we've not seen any
> > packages actually be released for months I have pretty much run out of
> > enthusiasm for contributing to the project.

> You and many others stop contributing because no packages are being released.
> Packages are not being released because of a lack of people contributing.
> Catch-22, chicken and egg, self-fulfilling profacy, or what ever your other
> favorite cliche is...

I was referring to packages not being moved from updates-testing to
updates, in particular. That's something that only Jesse can handle
currently. Seeing the work I've put in sit in a limbo discourages me
from continuing. It's not a direct result of lack of development, but an
infrastructure problem. That's why I phrased it the way I did.

Dominic.