Let's get moving

Dominic Hargreaves dom at earth.li
Tue Sep 7 22:18:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 05:02:38PM -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> My understanding, which may be wrong, is they sit in updates-testing
> until they get publish votes, at which time they are moved out.  If
> that is wrong, then ignore me.  If that is right, then most of the
> things in update-testing don't have publish votes, so it is a mute
> point.

There certainly seems to be confusion about the terminology used in the
bug reporting system and process. I and others have been under the
impression that the packages were released after two weeks if no further
problems were found, as did you in
<1094585037.1aa0b0d478bbb at mail.ph.utexas.edu>:

"And 2 weeks is a timeout if no one votes on it."

Clearly a 2 week timeout is not in place.

> I also acknowledge that we can't just wait for Jesse to seek out people
> to delegate to.  People have to actively solicit the position, and prove
> themself worthy of the trust involved.  Until that happens, Jesse has
> no one to delegate to.

I volunteered to help with the build server when Jesse mentioned it, and
I can currently only assume we should wait until it is available.

Dominic.