Roundup of work needed

david david at daku.org
Wed Sep 8 19:41:49 UTC 2004

At 12:28 PM 9/8/2004, you wrote:
>Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
>>
>>I marked a few duplicate bugs as CLOSED to make the RESOLVED
>>query more useful (and less overwhelming!) but then stopped as I
>>realised this may be not what people expect. Any opinions on this?
>Sounds like a good idea to me.
>

>>I'll endeavour to do this more often... Hopefully we can get lots of things
>>ready for the new build server to crunch on :)
>>
>This is excellent, thanks a ton!
>
>--

Back in the company I used to work for, there was a special status for
duplicates, with a link to the master copy.  The status would say:
   DUPLICATE see xxxxxxx
and one would therefore know to look at the master copy for current
status.  Furthermore, duplicate bugs didn't show up as "outstanding" or
"pending" or "closed".

If the bug recording software doesn't provide for such, perhaps it could be
added?

David