how to get sha1sum of an installed package

Tom Yates madlists at teaparty.net
Sun Sep 12 16:22:48 UTC 2004

in the case of the mailman package, i installed it directly from
updates-testing using yum, but the package has been deleted from my yum
cache (by me doing a yum clean).  does anyone know how i can either get
the sha1sum of the installed package (ie, reconstruct the .rpm file from
my installed version), or how i can verify that the package i have
installed matches the .rpm currently in updates-testing?

otherwise, i can't put a sha1sum of the .rpm in my VERIFY report.  any
bright ideas gratefully received.

--

   Tom Yates
   Cambridge, UK.