FC1 support is ours...

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 13 21:42:42 UTC 2004

Quoting Dominic Hargreaves <dom at earth.li>:

> According to http://fedora.redhat.com/ we are supporting FC1 from
> tomorrow :)

I think the exact date is a moving target.  We probably won't know for
sure until it happens.

> We should get some docs up on the web site regarding our FC1
> support

What I would appreciate is if anyone can provide me with docs on using
apt and/or yum with FC1.  Basically just modify what is on the web site
now for RHL versions to work for FC1...

I think FC1 has native yum support (in up2date even?) but I just don't
know for sure since I've never run FC1.  So I'd ask for help here from
FC1 users.

> If anyone would care to give me CVS access I'd be happy to help in
> preparing web site updates.

I'm on top of most of this for the web site, as best as we can be without
a firm date.  But if you want to help, you can.  Best way would be to
make apt/yum docs and submit them.  Most other changes are minor.

You can access the web cvs read-only right now.  There are instructions
linked off the main web page, or see

http://www.fedoralegacy.org/about/webcvs.php

You could then submit patches to us, etc.  As for write access, that is
out of my scope (Jesse is probably the only one who can help there).

But certainly you are welcome to do a cvs checkout, install/test it (see
the README directory), create patches (cvs diff -u is cool), submit those
patches, etc.  I'd encourage such patch submissions (to me directory or
to the mailing list).

--
Eric Rostetter