Self Introduction: Pavel Kankovsky

Pavel Kankovsky peak at argo.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Thu Sep 16 09:39:33 UTC 2004

1. Full legal name
   Pavel Kankovsky

2. Location (Country, City, etc)
   Czech Republic

3. Profession or Student status
   network/unix/linux administrator
   computer security consultant (pentests, audits)
   used to work as a software developer in the past

4. Company or School
   Charles University, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
       (http://www.mff.cuni.cz/)
   DCIT, s.r.o. (http://www.dcit.cz)

5. Your goals in the Fedora Legacy Project
      * Which OS versions are you interested in?
           7.3. To keep it alive. Forever. :)
      * Do you want to do QA for packages?
           I am already reviewing any 3rd package to be installed
           on any of my computers (yes, I am paranoid), ergo I think
           I can do it.
      * Anything else special?
           I am suffering from an obsessive bugfixing syndrome, and
           might attempt to sneak nonessential patches into new
           package releases. :)

6. Historical qualifications
      * What other projects have you worked on in the past?
           FreeType (http://www.freetype.org/)
           numerous bugfixes and bug reports to numerous projects
               (OpenSSH, Nessus, Mozilla...)
      * What computer languages and other skills do you know?
           C, C++, Perl, sh, Pascal, x86 assembler
           other skills: debugging, source code auditing,
               network/unix/linux administration
      * Why should we trust you?
           Do not trust me. Double-check everything I submit.

7. GPG KEYID and fingerprint

$ gpg --fingerprint peak-sw
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq.html for more information
pub  1024D/DF8A3AB1 2004-09-16 Pavel Kankovsky (sw) <peak-sw at argo.troja.mff.cuni.cz>
     Key fingerprint = A837 6174 F7CE 6B0F 3FFB  C424 A5A5 18FD DF8A 3AB1
sub  2048g/A5903F57 2004-09-16 [expires: 2006-09-16]

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."