yum broken :p (quick replies)

Barbara Pennacchi b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it
Thu Sep 16 13:48:15 UTC 2004

On 15.09.04 21:12, Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha wrote:

> Could you do a rpm -qa python\* yum ; rpm -V yum python python2?

Already done.

rpm -qa \*python\* gives:
rpm-python-4.2-0.69
python-2.2.3-26  <---that's the python that broke yum,
                     previously it was python-2.2.2-26)
python-optik-1.4-2
libxml2-python-2.5.4-3.rh9
mod_python-3.0.1-4

I did a rpm -V yum python and even a rpm -V -vv yum python but all files
seem to be OK. except that yum keeps NOT working.

The only thing I didn't try (yet) was to move the symlink of /usr/bin/
python2 from /usr/bin/python to /usr/bin/python2.2

|         WARNING WARNING WARNING *** EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGED!         |
|                  USE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED BELOW                  |
|     IF YOU KEEP WRITING TO THE OLD ADDRESS IT IS NOT MY FAULT!     |
| Barbara Pennacchi                          b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|                  V.le Marx 15, 00137 Roma, Italia                  |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |