Self-Introduction: B. Pennacchi

Barbara Pennacchi b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it
Fri Sep 24 16:05:18 UTC 2004

After aligning to the same version of RH9 the 2 boxes and fixing yum, I
think I could leave well alone the rh9 prod box and use the other (the one
I'm writing from) for QA testing. So here is my self-introduction (better
late than never ;)

1. Barbara Pennacchi

2. Rome, Italy (EU)

3. dunno how to translate it in english. Officially, I'm a 'technician'.
Practically, I'm responsible for a webserver (maintenance and PHP/html
development, mostly)

4. it's in my big&cumbersome signature below.

5. I'm mostly interested in RH9, since FC evolves a bit too fast for my
tastes. I'd like to help in testing packages for release (as a vanilla
luser). Obviously I'm interested mostly in packages related to the
webserver (ie kernels, httpd, mysql, iptables and so on)

6. Actually, this is my first dabble at participating in a community/open
source project. I work mostly with html and PHP now, but I still remember
a bit of C and perl, from my former job, 5 years ago. Python and I still
can't see each other, though. Gdb scares me a bit.

...why shoud you trust me? hmm. nice question. Ain't got no sure-fire
answer to that.

Can only tell you that I'm stubborn, I like things to work, I like to fix
things that don't work as best as I can and then leave 'em alone. I like
to learn. I'm paranoid. I hate spam, scriptkiddies and PHBs. I wish also
to learn how to work with source rpms.

7. GPG keyID & fingerprint:
pub  1024D/172B7B1B 2004-09-24 Barbara Pennacchi <b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it>
     Key fingerprint = 9E7F 3D74 CF96 CE1A F276  3509 9180 0182 172B 7B1B
sub  1024g/A50F163C 2004-09-24

Please note that I'd use GPG only for Bugzilla reports.

|         WARNING WARNING WARNING *** EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGED!         |
|                  USE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED BELOW                  |
|     IF YOU KEEP WRITING TO THE OLD ADDRESS IT IS NOT MY FAULT!     |
| Barbara Pennacchi                          b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|                  V.le Marx 15, 00137 Roma, Italia                  |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |