a little bug triage...

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Apr 12 17:49:02 UTC 2005

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> > 152531 ? mysql doesn't restart after update [see comments: NOTABUG?]
>
> Closed-NEEDINFO.  Basically we need somebody to repro mysql dying after
> upgrading the package.

There were several accounts of this on the mailing list, no?

> The service isn't restarted by design, but if

My memory from all the mailing list traffic is that it is restarted by
default, but fails to restart.  Are you sure it isn't restarted by design?

> the old service dies because of the upgrade, that is bad.

Unless this is a different bug than I'm thinking of, the issue is that
the upgrade causes mysql to stop functioning completely on many systems,
and a manual start is needed to regain service.

> --
> Jesse Keating RHCE      (geek.j2solutions.net)
> Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedoralegacy.org)
> GPG Public Key          (geek.j2solutions.net/jkeating.j2solutions.pub)
>
> Was I helpful?  Let others know:
>  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=jkeating
>
> --

Eric Rostetter