mysql-server

Pettit, Paul ismanager at ccbnpts.com
Tue Apr 12 22:35:25 UTC 2005

> Eric Rostetter
>
> Quoting Eric Rostetter <rostetter at mail.utexas.edu>:
>
> > Quoting "Pettit, Paul" <ismanager at ccbnpts.com>:
> >
> > > The documentation however will need to be changed. I'm
> working on that
> > > and will try and edit it once I figure out wiki (never
> used it before).
> >
> > Since the wiki is down, I created a doc at
> >
> > http://www.fedoralegacy.org/docs/autoupdates.php
> >
> > as a starting point to addressing these issues.  Comments,
> feedback, better
> > docs, changes, etc. all welcome.
>
> Since not a soul has said a word about the doc above in 2 weeks, and
> because no one else has posted any other docs, comments,
> suggestions, or
> wiki pages, I've gone ahead and modified the yum docs to refer to the
> above autoupdates.php page.

Sorry, I had no comments to make. The document looked fine to me. Though I
disagree with the "don't use auto-update" as a general policy at least the
document gave examples of when you should consider not using the auto-update
function (almost never in a production environment from your guide).

Hope you weren't waiting on just me to comment but it seems you were, my
bad.

> Have to love the participation here;  people are happy to join in a
> flame war, but no one participates when asked for input or
> contributions...
> Yeah, that's supposed to be sarcasm...
>
> --
> Eric Rostetter
> --

I had been waiting for the wiki to become available again, guess it's not
going to happen. Too bad as I really want to help but find that there is no
way to do that currently.

As for posting comments, corrections, documentation edits here ... well ...
we've seen how well that has worked in the past.

Yeah, that's sarcasm too ...

Paul Pettit
CTO and IS Manager
Consistent Computer Bargains Inc.

I've heard it said that the proof of lunacy is when you repeat the same
steps expecting different results.  I say it's proof that you're a Microsoft
user. - comment by deshi777 on experts-exchange.com