a little bug triage...

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Apr 12 23:27:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 18:00 -0500, Pettit, Paul wrote:
> I had this problem. A few others did too.
>
> It seems to me that if RH's stand that an upgrade doesn't (or
> shouldn't?)
> restart a service then the mySQL upgrade is stoping a service
> improperly.
> I've done many a upgrade to mySQL via RPM and when 'manually' done the
> service remains running until it's restarted via 'service mysqld
> restart'.
>
> So maybe the bug in the mysql update is that it stops the service, not
> that
> it fails to restart it.

Do you have the capability of reproducing this in a closed environment?
Install up to a certain point, then -Uvh our update package and see what
happens to the service?  Quite honestly we don't touch any part of that
in the spec, we just make sure the new source goes in OK.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: