Mirroring: Bad datestamps prevent hardlinking

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Apr 15 21:19:38 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 22:55 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> why can't this be fixed? It affects > 1000 files wasting 3.2GB. And if
> I fix it locally I'll be resyncing the bad timestamped packages again.
>
> Here is the breakdown:
>     866 download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/1/os/SRPMS/
>     149 download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/1/updates/i386/
>      39 download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/1/updates/SRPMS/
>
> Please fix this, it's a simple rsync command. :(

Running this command in dry-run mode indicates that it will have to re-
download every file.  If I do this, all other mirrors will get hit with
the re-download.  So then I ask again, do you have an rsync switch
(other than a, I'm using a) that will only alter the timestamps rather
than redownloading all the content?

Was I helpful?  Let others know: