x86_64 FC2 repo not up yet?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Apr 21 15:54:28 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 11:31 -0400, Joe Harrington wrote:
> Hi, I'm an x86_64 user.  I notice that the Legacy x86_64 repo for FC2
> still isn't up:
>
> /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron:
>
> Error getting file
> http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/2/os/x86_64/headers/header.info
> [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
> Error getting file
> http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/2/os/x86_64/headers/header.info
> [Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
>
> Assuming this is in the works, it would be useful if you could at
> least put up an empty, placeholder repo so that the nightly updates
> wouldn't produce errors.

Unfortunately at this time we don't support x86_64.  I don't have enough
infrastructure for a 64bit build system to produce the 64bit packages.
Also, I'm not confident that there are enough x86_64 users willing to
test and QA x86_64 packages.  That said, the SRPMS can be rebuilt if
you're inclined to do so.

>   Also, please mention on
> http://www.fedoralegacy.org/ what the status of the transition is.
> That way, users could know whether this is in the works or if it has
> fallen through the cracks.
>
> Also, when the Fedora Project announced the EOL of FC2, I switched
> immediately over to the Legacy repo, which it turned out was not yet
> ready.  I saw your posting on the 18th, and I understand the
> difficulties of wearing many hats, but I hope next time you can put
> the empty infrastructure in place well in advance just so that nightly
> updates don't fail.
>
> I'm not taking you to task, just making a suggestion.
>
> Thanks for all your hard work!

Yep, next transition will be much better planned.  I swear.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: