x86_64 FC2 repo not up yet?

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 21 21:14:01 UTC 2005

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> On Thu, 2005-04-21 at 11:31 -0400, Joe Harrington wrote:
> > Hi, I'm an x86_64 user.  I notice that the Legacy x86_64 repo for FC2
> > still isn't up:

We have not yet completed the FC2 transition from the Fedora Project, so
you will find problems with anything FC2 related.

> > Assuming this is in the works, it would be useful if you could at
> > least put up an empty, placeholder repo so that the nightly updates
> > wouldn't produce errors.
>
> Unfortunately at this time we don't support x86_64.  I don't have enough
> infrastructure for a 64bit build system to produce the 64bit packages.
> Also, I'm not confident that there are enough x86_64 users willing to
> test and QA x86_64 packages.  That said, the SRPMS can be rebuilt if
> you're inclined to do so.

Please note his use of "at this time" and "enough x86_64 users".  This is
not a certainty that we will not support x86_64 for FC2, only that we're
not yet doing it.

If people step forward with the needed support, then I'm sure FLP will
try to support it as soon as possible.

> >   Also, please mention on
> > http://www.fedoralegacy.org/ what the status of the transition is.

It does mention the status of the transition to the best of my knowledge.
As soon as anyone tells me where we are in the transition, I update the
web page to include that info.  Unfortunately, I'm not updated often.

> > That way, users could know whether this is in the works or if it has
> > fallen through the cracks.

What I know is there.

> > Also, when the Fedora Project announced the EOL of FC2, I switched
> > immediately over to the Legacy repo, which it turned out was not yet
> > ready.

Correct.

--
Eric Rostetter