x86_64 FC2 repo not up yet?

Joe Harrington jh at oobleck.astro.cornell.edu
Thu Apr 21 15:31:44 UTC 2005

Hi, I'm an x86_64 user.  I notice that the Legacy x86_64 repo for FC2
still isn't up:

/etc/cron.daily/yum.cron:

Error getting file http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/2/os/x86_64/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Error getting file http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/2/os/x86_64/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Assuming this is in the works, it would be useful if you could at
least put up an empty, placeholder repo so that the nightly updates
wouldn't produce errors.  Also, please mention on
http://www.fedoralegacy.org/ what the status of the transition is.
That way, users could know whether this is in the works or if it has
fallen through the cracks.

Also, when the Fedora Project announced the EOL of FC2, I switched
immediately over to the Legacy repo, which it turned out was not yet
ready.  I saw your posting on the 18th, and I understand the
difficulties of wearing many hats, but I hope next time you can put
the empty infrastructure in place well in advance just so that nightly
updates don't fail.

I'm not taking you to task, just making a suggestion.

Thanks for all your hard work!

--jh--