New perl tool to parse fedora-legacy-announce archives

Mark Allen mrallen1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 00:19:02 UTC 2005

With all the discussion over the past few days about wanting to automate a check to see
if you have the RPMs in the fedora-legacy-announce bulletins, I wrote a quick perl script
to parse through the announce archive files, check if they're installed on the local
system, and then optionally, download them into a depot directory on the same local
system.

I created myself a Wiki page

http://www.fedoralegacy.org/wiki/index.php/MarkAllen

You can get the script there.

Requires perl 5.8 and several CPAN modules (most people will have to install Email::MIME
and Email::Folder). Everything else there is fairly standard Perl. YMMV.

I'll gladly accept patches and I know this code isn't going to win any code beauty
contests. But it seems to work for me.

I may or may not gladly accept enhancement requests, but if want one/some/any, edit the
Wiki and add it to the TODO.

Best regards,

--Mark