Building Fedora Legacy 2.4.20-43.7 for RH7.3 from sources.

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Aug 4 14:28:34 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 04.08.2005 schrieb Frank Hamersley um 16:22:

> Can anyone point me to a useful howto on building the latest Fedora RH73
> legacy kernel from source?

Could you be specific about what you want to do differently than the FLP
package does for the resulting kernel rpm? There must be a reason to
compile your own, but with the legacy kernel source.

> I have installed the src rpm (2.4.20-43.7) and unpacked the .tar.bz2 file.
> However I am confused about how to apply the .patch files (as they do not
> seem to be applied to the source).

> Can anyone provide enlightenment?  Cheers, Frank.

Use the spec file which is located in SPECS. "rpmbuild --help" ->

  -bp                           build through %prep (unpack sources and
apply
                                patches) from <specfile>

Alexander

Serendipity 16:25:34 up 19 days, 20:58, load average: 0.17, 0.17, 0.16