Move to new wiki

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Aug 9 20:24:40 UTC 2005

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> The logo doesn't exist yet, still trying to get one created and
> approved.  The Fedora-marketing mailing list has discussion going on,
> and a wiki page exists:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/LogoIdeas

I don't think this would be an appropriate icon/logo for the link to the
wiki anyway.  What I'm looking for is something to convey the idea that
it points to a wiki.

> I wouldn't spend too much effort on a logo or theme for our wiki page.

It isn't for our wiki page.  It is for the toolbar link from our web site
to the wiki.  See the top right side of our web site for what I mean.  The
links have icons/logs/graphics/what-ever-you-want-to-call-them.  The php-wiki
image is not longer appropriate, and needs to be replaced by something.
The replacement needs to convey that it is a wiki of some sort...  It does
not need to say anything about Fedora Project or Fedora Legacy.

> There is work being done on an overall default wiki theme that will use
> Fedora's color scheme and a logo when it is available.  Once that is set
> our pages will just look like the rest, which is the goal.

Yes, but that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.  We've gotten
off track...  I guess what we have here is a failure to communicate...

--
Eric Rostetter