[FC1] UNSUPPORTED UPDATES by James

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Fri Aug 12 16:00:57 UTC 2005

Hi Again,

-
JAMES' Unofficial Unsupported by RedHat, Redhat Fedora Core, and
Redhat Fedora Legacy Groups!
~    Any support for my packages, will only come from me! There is no
~    bugzilla for the packages, groups may not know what version you are
~    talking about. The biggest support can come from ME or the source
~    creators of the program. Although, any patches kept over from the
~    Fedora Core packages are not supported by the vendor of the software.
~    My packages are usually re-packaged new versions of many programs.
-

ClamAV 0.86.2-3
- ---------------------

This is only a fixed version of the package.  I've tightened the
permissions on the /var/run/clamav directory to 700.  This fixes the
clamav-milter program from complaining at some point about the socket
being insecure at some point.

I've also submitted a patch to the development team at clamav.net....
The code for clamav-milter looks like it should support signing a
message with the (default) signature; but, turns out the signature in
the code is just a placeholder and you need to specify the
- --singature-file parameter for signing to work.
My patch is not in this version.

I've also loosened the version for FC1 on the ZLib libraries to the
latest released version from Fedora Legacy Group.  I have not tested
this....

RPM
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/clamav-0.86.2-3.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/clamav-milter-0.86.2-3.fc1.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/clamav-devel-0.86.2-3.fc1.i386.rpm

SOURCE
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/clamav-0.86.2-3.fc1.src.rpm

-
-

Kernel 2.4.30-2.3   (VANILLA)
- ----------------------------------

I've also built a new version of the kernel.
This version is based on the latest patches to kernel version 2.3.32-pre3.

Please keep all your old kernels, this is not an OFFICIAL RELEASE and
your mileage will vary.

RPM
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/kernel-2.4.30-2.3.fc1.vanilla.i686.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/kernel-smp-2.4.30-2.3.fc1.vanilla.i686.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/kernel-doc-2.4.30-2.3.fc1.vanilla.i386.rpm
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/kernel-source-2.4.30-2.3.fc1.vanilla.i386.rpm

SOURCE
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/kernel-2.4.30-2.3.fc1.vanilla.src.rpm

-
-

Samba-Vscan-ClamAv   0.4.0-0

This is a snapshot version of version 0.4.0 for samba-vscan!
He has made improvements and removed support for samba 2.x.  So, this
version is for samba 3.x and greater now.
I have been running it for more than a week now without problems.

RPM
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/i386/samba-vscan-clamav-0.4.0-0.fc1.i386.rpm

SOURCE
http://support.intcomgrp.com/mirror/fedora-core/beta/src/samba-vscan-clamav-0.4.0-0.fc1.src.rpm