[vendor-sec] New Fetchmail issue

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Dec 21 05:05:57 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 16:40, Jesse Keating wrote:
>On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 12:22 -0800, Josh Bressers wrote:
>> http://fetchmail.berlios.de/fetchmail-SA-2005-03.txt
>>
>> Just a DoS, nothing to cause a panic before the holiday :)
>
>>From investigation and chatting w/ RH, seems only FC2 is affected by
>this (and FC3 but RH is fixing FC3).  They recommend we update FC2's
>6.2.5-2 to 6.2.5.5.  The update is supposed to be security and
> serious bugfixes which fits into Legacy policy.
>
>Can someone file a bug?  This isn't a private issue, so public bug is
>fine.

Thats fine to advise us Jesse, but the server is down again:
-----------
[root at coyote /]# yum check-update
Server: Fedora Core 2 - Base
retrygrab() failed for:
  http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/2/os/i386/headers/header.info
  Executing failover method
failover: out of servers to try
Error getting file http://download.fedoralegacy.org/fedora/2/os/i386/headers/header.info
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error >

--
Cheers, Gene
People having trouble with vz bouncing email to me should use this