Need discussion, Re: Latest contrib perl

John Dalbec jpdalbec at ysu.edu
Tue Dec 27 17:25:05 UTC 2005

Michael Mansour wrote:
> The perl versions I'm currently using on FC1 are from that directory:
>
> # rpm -q perl perl-suidperl
> perl-5.8.3-18.1.legacy
> perl-suidperl-5.8.3-18.1.legacy

I built these versions for FC1; however, they are actually older than the
-17.3.legacy versions.  I didn't realize at the time that FC2 already had a -18
version.  You should install the -17.3.legacy versions for the latest FC1
update.  RPM will require that you give it the --oldpackage option because of
the version numbering.  I guess we could bump the epoch but it would really be
preferable if we could avoid that.
John